Get Exactly the Software You Need
Although Web applications offer many benefits for Internet-enabled systems, in some cases a browser-based interface may be impossible or undesirable. A project may also sometimes require custom low-level software components to support a particular technology, interface between different existing systems, or implement custom TCP/IP communication protocols. Regner Internet Consulting can provide your solution.
We have developed server applications for Windows using Visual Basic and VB.NET, as well as Active-X controls to make custom functionality available to the IIS Web server.
We have also written a wide variety of standalone GUI applications to handle everything from product demos to fault detection and alerting to data collection and graphing.
FEATURED PROJECT PROFILE
- A server application was required to manage asynchronous two-way communications with a large population of Internet-enabled devices using a proprietary protocol over TCP/IP.
- Security, reliability and the ability to monitor and control the application remotely were high priorities.
- Regner Internet Consulting successfully built this component to customer specifications using Visual Basic.
- A third party multi-threaded Winsock control increases the application’s scalability and avoids pitfalls associated with the standard Windows Winsock.
- A secondary GUI application permits control and monitoring of the component on the server box itself while a secure Web application provides remote access to the same features.